- Uninstall the OneDrive app from my S5.
- On your computer, log into www.onedrive.com.
- Locate a folder named Camera Roll (or SkyDrive Camera Roll in my case). Create a new folder (name it something like "Old Phone Photos" or something) and move all the pictures in the current Camera Roll folder into it.
- Once you have all the pictures moved into the new folder that you just created, delete the old Camera Roll folder.
- Go back to your S5. Download and reinstall OneDrive from the Google Play store.
- Start the OneDrive app. During the initial log in, you will be prompted to decide if you want to turn on camera backup. Select Turn On and this will create a new Camera Roll folder on OneDrive (the path will be <yourname> OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll). Once that has been done, you will notice that all the new pictures on your S5 will begin uploading into OneDrive.
- Once all the new pictures have uploaded into OneDrive, you can move the pictures from the new folder that you created into the new Camera Roll folder if you choose to do so.
Please note that while these steps worked on my Samsung Galaxy S5, I cannot confirm that they would on aother phones such as the HTC One or iPhone. Doesn't hurt to try and who knows, you might be lucky.